Monday, May 9, 2011

Secrets

Honu
The quilt is done.  It is never easy to say good-bye, even to a quilt.  However, with the greatest of care, I placed the quilt in a United States Postal Service Priority Mail box,  all wrapped in a plastic zippered bag and sent it off to the couple who commissioned the quilt.

I look forward to them contacting me with the news that they have received the quilt, as they should have it by Wednesday.  Once the quilt is in their hands, I will then publish the name, more photos, etc.

This evening I will be attending the West Broward Quilt Guild monthly meeting.  It is a nice way to spend an evening, as the women are as entertaining as they are creative.  My favorite part of the evening is "Show and Tell"  and leaving a gift for my secret pal.

I was given the name of a member of our guild who is to be my secret pal for the next few months.  It is a way for us to get to know each other and add some mysterious fun.  The idea is to leave little gifts, tokens, etc. unbeknown to her though the "gift table" or give the items to the guild's president for her to pass on for me.  The fun part of all of this, seeing the person receive the gift and seeing all the items being passed around and no one is saying who sent it or who made it.  Needless-to-say, we do a whole lot of guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment