Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Isabella's Treasure Box and Mini Album


Treasure Box and Mini Album

The fact that I created a treasure box and mini album in the style of the Twilight Saga should not come as a surprise to any one who knows me.  The thought that I might be leaning towards Jacob's team, well that might surprise them, but for me, it's the wolf thing.

A few months ago I bought Jacqueline Sullivan's DVD, Acrylics: Textures, Layers and Metallics and applied the techniques I learned to alter the cigar box.  I distressed the box (6.5" x 8" x 2.5') with gesso and applied the first layers of Golden Fluid Acrylic Quinacridone Nickle Azo Gold and Quinacridone Burnt Orange.  Then added layers of molding paste, tissue paper and watermark Uzumaki Spiral paper between applications of fluid acrylics until I got the color and texture I wanted.
I further embellished the box with Tim Holtz feet and page corners from 7 Gypsies. The interior is lined with red velvet, paper from Graphic45 and contains the Mini Album.   
 The Mini Album measuring 4 7/8" by 5 7/8",  consists of five embellished chipboard pages.  The pages all have areas for journaling and/or for photographs.  These two pieces were so much fun to make, as are all my pieces.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment