Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Woven Message

Have you ever tried Lutradur? or are you wondering what it is?   Lutradur is a magical cross between fabric and paper. It can be dyed, painted, burned, stitched, cut into strips, run through the printer and photo transfers are a breeze.
Woven Lutradur is the focal point of this ATC.  First, I painted a 6" by 6" piece of Lutradur using Lumiere acrylic paints.  I then stamped over the dried paint with a vintage writing rubber stamp using StazOn ink.  Next, I cut the piece into 1/4" strips and wove them into a grid at which point I stamped the center of the grid with a round, intricate rubber stamp, again with StazOn ink.   The stamped image was further highlighted with Sakura Gelly Roll pens.   I certainly hope ET could read this message!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment