Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It Ain't Black & White

If you remember a few posts back, I made these black and white blocks but was not certain what I would do with them.  After putting the blocks together, I was not very enthusiastic with what lay before me - it needed something more - a spot of red. Once the red circles were hand appliqued to each of the blocks, I found that playing circles against squares, against rectangles proved to be interesting, yet it needed something else. 
I have an overwhelming stock of bits and pieces.  Drawers and drawers of bling, beads, pearls, shiny objects great and small, did I mention magpie!  I found the Graphic 45, Timely Point of View scrapbook paper in one of those drawers, cut out a different time piece and machined appliqued them to the blocks.  The three circles on the white panel is is the glue side of Wonder Under that was painted with acrylic paint.  I first pained the Wonder Under then I used one of my small die cuts to create the circles which was then fused in place.  Red Swarov crystals were hot fixed to the blocks

Gears (by Tim Holtz) were then added to turn the wheels of time and the lizard was introduced to bring about the energy for change.  Time and change go hand-in-hand. The quilting was stitch-in-the-ditch and for emphasis I quilted a circle around the focal elements.



My thought now is to give this mini quilt to my guild so that it may be auctioned to raise funds for the guild.
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment