Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2014 - February's Block

I love this block! It's not that I don't love January's but the black is so dramatic.  The leaves are hand- dyed silk ribbon, the twirled ribbon roses were done using Special Effects hand-dyed, sparkle, ruffley ribbon.  Seed beads in the center stabilize each rose.

I tried my hand at the Shisha stitch with a small, round mirror. It took four attempts to get it to point were it looked right! This is good but not elaborate enough. I know the mirror going to appear in another block down the road so I have to start playing with stitches to see how elaborate it can get.
The Victorian fringe stitch is one of my favorite stitches.  
The vine was done in a stem stitch using a hand-dyed pearl cotton, the Featherstitch, both single and double clings to the vine, here I used the rayon thread, EdMar's Glory and the flowers were made with Mokuba ribbon.
There's more eye candy at CQJP2014.blogspot.com.

If you would like to leave a comment and I hope you do, please click on the post title...
Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2014 - February's Block and the Comment dialogue box will open.  Thank you and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. "Dramatic" is the correct descriptor, Susan... gorgeous stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Monique. It turned out better than I could have imagined.

    ReplyDelete