Friday, July 8, 2011

Colorful Birds Post Cards


Forget Angry Birds!  I know we live in the age of e-mails and tweets but which one of us does not like to receive a hand-written letter or card in the mail?  I know I do.  So with that thought in mind, I went about creating these 4" x 6" post cards.  I used Laurel Birch's Jungle Song as my focus fabric.  There are five cards in the collection and each card has a different pair of colorful, whimsical birds.

                                                                               I first fused the fussy-cut birds to hand dyed fabric, which was then fused to my "batting".  I used Fast2Fuse as the batting for this project as it is a great stabilizer and would stand up to the rigors of the US Postal Service. Each card was lightly free motion stitched.  The cards are fabric backed and archival ink was used to stamp the word "Post Card".




These whimsical fabric post cards are ready for that hand written little note and postage.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment